Get that gorgeous tan with a tanning bed
People with a pale complexion often yearn for that bronze tan during the summer. Getting an even tan from the sun is something that is nearly impossible to do. This is the reason why a tanning bed comes in handy. You can give yourself an even tan, and you can do it quickly.
Tanning in a local salon
If you are confident about the credibility and quality of the local salon where you get the tan, then you should go for it. It’s also possible to get discounts and other promotions online or through a mailer – so be sure to check for discounts before you go.
Local salons want you to keep coming regularly. They usually offer discounts for repeat visits. So, if you are opting for a local salon for getting the right tan, stick to the same one. Designer products and special lotions can also be availed at the local salons as well. A few products will be highlighted in this article as well.
Preparing for tanning
It is advisable to prepare your skin for the tanning process. In order to do this, you have to ensure that your skin is clean and has no dead layers of dirt or grime. You will want to exfoliate your skin gently before every tanning session. Also, make sure you to use a light moisturizer to ensure that your skin doesn’t feel dry. Always go for unscented lotions for moisturizing your skin.
If you have just started tanning your body, then ask the salon employee to help you decide the duration of your tanning session. It is always better to start off with 10 minutes or so and then slowly work your way to 25 minutes. Never go for longer durations of tanning in one session.
How to tan faster and make it last longer
There are some things you can do to take care of your skin and ensure it maintains a natural, healthy glow all summer.
First of all, do not hop in the shower right after tanning. Wait for at least three to four hours before you take a bath and afterwards always apply a moisturizer.
Don’t let your skin burn. This results in flaking, peeling, and an uneven skin tone. If you are prone to burning in certain areas take care to not overdo it.
Taking the right precautions
- Whether it is a tanning booth or the sun, UV rays are equally harmful to your skin. It is important to not over do it, regardless of where you are tanning.
- Before you go for your tanning sessions, avoid any strong deodorants, perfumes or robust soaps. These irritants can cause unpleasant rashes from the tanning bulbs.
- Your genitals and nipples are extremely sensitive to heat and other radiations. This is the reason why they are always covered. So, when you go in for tanning, you should keep these parts of your body covered or else you risk severe burns. Even your armpits, for that matter, are extremely sensitive so use a small dab of moisturizer before you go in for a tanning session.
- Every tanning salon has the right eyewear to protect your eyes from heat exposure. You can either buy these or use the ones that the tanning salon will provide you. Never go for a tanning session without a proper eyewear.
- Consult with your tanning salon if you are on any medication. In most cases, the medications can interfere with the tanning process, so it is advisable to ensure that you have taken precautions beforehand.
- An SPF 15 lip balm is also needed before you enter your tanning booth. Our lips don’t attract melanin so in most cases, there is a high risk of your lips becoming dry, chapped, and burned when you go for your tanning session.
If you don’t want to frequent a tanning bed then a bronzer or self tanner may be a good option for you. However, when using bronzer or tanner, make sure you research which types are best for your skin. Also, you should be aware in what quantity you have to apply the bronzer.
Bronzers will help you in bringing out the perfect golden brown tan. If you are looking for faster results, a bronzer should be top on your list among the tanning products. Always buy a high-end product for best results.